BY PAMELA FAYERMAN
I started this website last May when it was clear that COVID-19 was a serious threat that would persist for a long time and require news coverage by experienced medical journalists such as myself. It’s gratifying to see how many readers are drawn to the site and I thank you for your interest.
I write most of the articles but submissions are also accepted so if you’re a healthcare provider, researcher or policy expert keen to share your expertise, do reach out.
While COVID-19 is the main topic for this website, any issue in healthcare is considered for publication as long as it adds to our collective knowledge. Article suggestions are also welcome.
As a health/medical journalist for 25 years, I’ve long had a tradition of posting an annual list of the articles that have drawn the highest metrics (readership). Here, then, are the posts that resonated the most with readers in 2020; click each title to read the piece:
2. Private mobile lab service offering COVID-19 tests
3. 25% of COVID-19 cases have been in healthcare workers
4. COVID-19 long haulers plead for more medical attention
5. Medical regulator shuts down private COVID tests
6. Ribbons around a giving tree for a nurse with COVID-19
7. Queue jumping for COVID vaccinations
8. Gargle and spit for COVID tests
10. Can dogs sniff out COVID-19? Veterinarians conduct that research
11. 150% increase in COVID-19 infections among healthcare workers
12. Filipino healthcare workers hit hard by COVID; we need to know
13. Doodles while on Zoom; Vancouver professor shares hers
14. Family doctors as frustrated and frazzled as their patients
15. Married Vancouver physician leaders chat over Zoom with Rabbi
16. COVID-19 testing before surgery
17. Rapid testing in long term care
18. The special exemption Dr. Bonnie Henry ordered for COVID-19 research
19. More than 800 COVID-19 infections in healthcare workers; full breakdown here
20. Not one passenger has gotten COVID-19 on WestJet according to airline and airport authority